Is it possible to make a dinner for two people that costs no more than €3? Serena Verbon from Beautylab.nl challenged me and several other bloggers to give it a try. After a lot of brainstorming with my boyfriend Chris and investigating the bottom shelves of the grocery store, I came up with a Tomato Bacon Risotto! Checkout the recipe – in video form – down below!
Please watch the above video for the recipe! This recipe makes enough for two to three people. Here is the list of all the ingredients you need:
- 300 grams of risotto rice (400 gram for €1,25)
- 2 cans of tomato paste (€0,08 each)
- 2 fresh tomatoes (€0,33)
- 1 onion (€0,18)
- ±100 gram of bacon (€1,03)
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper
- dried basil
Eight other bloggers did the €3 challenge with me. They all did an amazing job. I definitely recommend checking out their recipe posts:
- Serena from Beautylab.nl baked a delicious Savory Endive & Bacon Pie (Dutch).
- Danique from LifeStylingJournal.com made a lovely Mozzarella Oven Spaghetti (Dutch).
- Veronique from VeroDoesThis.blogspot.be created a great Vegetarian Wok Dish (Flemish).
- Diana from DianaKookt.nl made yummy Pita Pizzas (Dutch).
- Luana from Lifewith-Louie.nl whipped up a delicious Tortellini Soup (Dutch).
- Yvonne from Schoonheidspromotie.nl baked a great Onion Pie (Dutch).
- Lois from LoisLorinde.nl created amazing Stuffed Egg Wraps (Dutch).
- Kim from LifemyStyle.eu made Pesto Pasta with Tuna (Dutch).
Hope you enjoyed this recipe post and those of the other bloggers (even if you can not read Dutch and could only looked at the pictures!).