I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22 ♫ ♪ ♬ ~ ! Welcome to the first full day of my life as a 22-year-old! I turned 22 yesterday at around ±18:30. I must say that I don’t feel very different, but whenever I say my age ‘I’m 22’ it does feel a lot older than 21. It might be because I now really am a legal adult, no age-restrictions anymore. Although that is not 100% true; I would love to get my motorcycle license and in order to drive a heavy motorcycle you need to be 25 here in The Netherlands. So that is another thing to look forward to!
I left a few things ‘behind’ me the past year:
- I cut my super long hair for charity. Watch it being cut off (and the response of my boyfriend who had no idea I was cutting it) HERE. I found these old photos of me with long hair and I must admit that I do kind of miss it!
- After four years of hard work (the regular time for a applied science bachelor in NL) I graduated with a bachelor in journalism.
- I stopped working as a parttime stylist and sales lady to focus 100% on my freelance work as a journalist and my blog.
But the 22nd year of my life promises to be an exciting one:
- I’m starting my premaster in communication science in January.
- I got invited to my first ever press event as a blogger!
- More and more companies are lining up for collaborations.
- The Beauty Suitcase has a new layout and is now officially a self-hosted blog. Do you like the new layout? There is still a lot of work being done on it and the logo will change in the coming weeks to a professionally designed one. But overall I’m really happy with the way it looks already!